Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week 77: In your dreams!

Hey hey hey!!! Hellos to all of my friends and family! I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Haha! this week has been awesome! 

On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Torres! YAY! i was with Elder Torres before when I was an ETM, he is a super awesome missionary, and has probably become one of my best friends here in the mission! It was great to work with him again! he's from Chile, and just a stud! I learned a ton from him once again, as we were teaching I could see and feel the love that he has for the people here. I realized the what really makes a great missionary. It doesn't really matter if you know how contac really well, or talk really well, or teach really well, what's really important is the person that we are, the person that we become. Who we are is more important than what we do, because who we are will affect 200% what we do and how we do it. The people can feel if we truly love them or not, they will know if we are sincere with our words or not, they will know and we will know. If we want to help them we need to love them.

The other thing I was thinking about this week was how little we truly do in this work, I realized what it means to be truly an "Instrument" in the hands of the Lord, I realized that He is the one that makes the changes that touches the hearts of the people. I kind of understood this before, but I really saw it in action this week as we worked and as I was able to pray sincerely for the well being of the people and know that I can't do much to help them, just invite and pray that God will make the difference for them. 

This week we had a baptism!! Whoo!! her name is Liliana! She is a young Woman and she has been going to church for about 5 months now and was never baptized because there were always problems when the elders tried to have her be baptized. But this week was incredible, she had been interviewed before, but didn't pass because she wasn't sure if the church was true. This week when we asked her if she had prayed about it, she said yes! And that she was now ready to be baptized and had received her answer! She said that she had dreamt that night that she was outside the church and that she heard a voice calling her telling her to come inside, and that was her answer! We were so happy and we went running around the rest of the week to get everything ready! It was great! 

Anyways! I love you all! It's been a great week here, a little bit of rain now as the winter starts to come.

Love,
Elder Slack
A visit to the pants factory

Asado!

No comments:

Post a Comment