Friday, January 27, 2017

Week 66: We just need to K.I.S.S!

Keep
It
Simple
Sweetie!

Hey Hey! I'm back again! Figured I'd write you guys real fast! It's been another great week here in Argentina! This past week we were in Catán 1A! It was a great week, I got to see some of the members from my first ward real quick so that was super nice, It's so great to see the people that you have grown to love again. 

So, as for the title, that's my new slogan that I've been applying recently. You just need to Keep It Simple Sweetie. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple, and sometimes we just make things too complicated. So it's good to remember sometimes that you just gotta keep things simple!

We were with Elder Ramos and Elder Jesson, they are both great missionaries and I loved working with them, Elder Jesson is from Pennsylvania, and Elder Ramos was living in Utah before the mission.

I've got 2 quick stories for you, first I was walking with Elder Ramos the other day and this drunk guy just walked right up to us and started talking to us. Pretty normal I just thought it was super funny how he shook my hand. He shook it normal but then he didn't let go, he held on and then grabbed my thumb and put my hand on his head? I was pretty confused, I'm not sure if he wanted me to read his mind or something like that. Haha! But that was fun.

The other one, the sacrament meeting yesterday was super awesome! This week the ward went to PFY, or the For the strength of Youth camp. And yesterday all of the young men and women got up and bore their testimonies about the camp. It was amazing, there were probably 8 or 9 of them that said that they didn't want to go before, and then at the end of the week they didn't want to leave, they said that before they wanted to inactivate themselves and never go to church again, but then they went and it changed completely their state of mind. It reminded me of when I went to EFY, I didn't want to inactivate me before, but when I went there it completely changed my life, it helped me to feel the spirit and feel the desire to act for myself. If anyone is thinking about going or sending their kids, do it!! It's so worth it!

Love you all! Until next week 

-Elder Slack
(captions added by Mama Slack)
Elder Slack is the 3rd missionary from the left.

Elder Slack is the second missionary from the left.

Elder Slack can't resist the smile that is "goofy". He has always been a very happy person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment