Thursday, September 8, 2016

Week 49: Sick day

Hey everyone! I'm here again! I've got just a few quick things for you all this week! Argentina is awesome!!

To start things off, this week on Tuesday we had our District meetings and Wow! My first time as Zone leader and I was able to learn a lot, it was an experience very very interesting. Started off everything normal, we had our zone counsel before the meeting started with the 3 district leaders here, it went all smooth. We started our district meeting with our district leader, it was pretty normal, we did some introductions and all. But everyone the whole time was making a lot of jokes and things like that, okay, I guess what can you expect from 19 and 20 year olds. But as Zone Leaders Elder Gonzalez and I, we have to go check on the other Districts to see how their meetings are going. I went over to another class and BAM! Wow, what a difference I felt, when I walked into the room everyone was sitting listening to the district leader, and he was teaching and testifying. As I sat and listened I could feel such a huge difference between the two different meetings, One where everyone was shouting a little bit and making little jokes the whole time and the other where everyone was sitting and listening contently, The Spirit hit me like a wall when I walked into the room. I learned there the importance of reverence that day, that it is so important to have the Spirit that we need to take out all of the distractions and put the jokes aside for a little bit sometimes.

On Friday, I went for an exchange with some other Elders in the zone, I went with Elder Bahena, it was super great, he only has 2 transfers left in his mission and I could learn a lot from him, we taught some great lessons and in the morning we went to a service project of the ward where we had to help put in the cement foundations of cement (well here all of the houses are made out of pure cement and bricks), so that was pretty awesome!

And last but not least, yesterday morning I woke up with a devastating stomach pain, I woke up super sick, I slept a bit more, we got up and went to church at 9:30, we stayed for sacrament meeting, but I was almost dying the whole time, at the end of the meeting a few people were talking to me telling me to feel better and I ran out and threw up in the trash can. So that was super fun! And we went to the hospital after that where they gave me a prescription and some shots to help with the nautiousness and the throwing up. Whoo! Super fun!! They said I probably had Gastritis, I think I got it from drinking the water from an investigator that I asked from. I think he took it out of the tap, but I didn't know so I drank it anyways because I was really thirsty. But I woke up this morning, feeling thousands of times better! So we're all good here! I feel like I'm back to about 80%. So by tomorrow I should be all good to go!!

More than anything else those where a few exciting bits of the week! It's so great here I love serving the Lord! Being a missionary is the best!! I'm learning a ton as Zone Leader! Love you all! Until Next week!!

-Elder Slack   

I got my hair cut.

 My companion on a ladder, Elder Gonzalez

It's been raining and it gets so cold!
Elder Gonzalez- some other photo that I don't remember what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment