Thursday, April 28, 2016

Week 30: Miracle!

Hey! Wowie oh WOW! What a grand week! Villegas has been treating me pretty well! I love the area here! It's actually not to far from my old are, just a few miles, but it's in a completely different zone/stake. So I've been meeting a lot of different people and it's been so great to meet a bunch of new members and get to know my companion a little bit better. This week has been great! Full of miracles and just so incredible! I'm super excited to be able to work here in Villegas/Aldo Bonzi, my companion Elder Cordeiro is a stud and we'll be looking all over the place to find those people who are ready to accept the gospel!

First things first, I figured I'm going to try to be a little bit more consistent with my letters here, so I'll give you guys first, THE MIRACLE OF THE WEEK: Wow, this one is really hard, because this week has been so full of miracles I don't know which one I should choose. But, here it goes.. We were on our way to the house of an investigator the other day, moving right along and we're walking down the street. We're cruzing along nice and smooth, we approach this young man sitting on the side of the sidewalk on some stairs, everythings normal, no big deal. He says hola, we say hola, pass him bye and we take about 3 steps... BOOM Elder Cordeiro and I, we stop in our tracks, we look at the other and we just know, we've got to turn back. We flip around and we start talking with this young man. His name is Gabriel, he's 18, and for a long period of his life he's had troubles with drugs and a lot of things. We talk to him and everything and he really has a huge desire to change, he wants the help of God in his life. Now we've taught him twice and he's really so great, we'll be working with him so he can progress and we are so excited for him and we are looking forward and helping him prepare for baptism. 

It was such a MIRACLE! We were able to stop in just the right moment, the Spirit just hit us, and we knew, we talked and now we know that we can help him receive the blessings of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! So great!

Outside of that, this week has been amazing, we started out the week with only 2 or 3 investigators and now we're working well with about 7 or 8. We're hoping to be able to find a lot more during this coming week, this ward has such a huge potential to grow and spread I'm so excited to be able to work with Elder Corderio and really help all of these people receive the blessings of God in their lives!

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention, we kind of had a baptism this week! It was amazing! She used to be an eternal investigator, like she's been going to the church for a few years now and really has a strong testimony and everything, but the only thing that was preventing her from being baptized was that she isn't married and is living with this other member of the church. My companion and his other companion sat down and talked with them and worked really well so that now, this past Friday. They got married! And then Saturday Sonia got baptized! It was so great!! I'm so happy for them they are such a great family. Now Elder Cordeiro and I, we are even more excited to be able to go and find more people, more families so that they can be baptized and in a year they can go to the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity! It's so great to see people progress and receive the blessings that God just has waiting for them.

But anyways! It's been a great week! We also did 2 service projects this week, it's been incredible until now, and I'm sure the rest of the transfer is going to be really great and I'm super excited to be able to work with Elder Cordeiro, he's awesome! 

I love you all! Until next week!
-Elder Slack




No comments:

Post a Comment