Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 24: Why do we fall?

So that we can learn to pick ourselves up!

Hello! Everythings going grand here in Argentina! I had my toe surgery last week on Monday, and now I'm here once again all back to almost normal! My toes been going great actually! I had about 1 day resting and now I'm walking like normal, we've just got to go back to the hospital to take out the stitches on Thursday so I'm still being a little careful not to kick my companion to much, but everything's all good! I rested for 1 day in the pension, the next day we had a member with a car help us out to go and visit a few people! And the next day when we went back to the hospital they said I could walk normal now! Yay!!!

This week has been truly fantastic!! I love being a missionary sooooo much!! I have been able to learn and grow and experience so many different things, and I have become to understand what my goals are in my life, what I want to do, who I want to become, and as well it is such a great blessing to be able to help others realize those things as they follow our Heavenly Father's plan for them! It's the best!!

This past week after the surgery and everything we have been getting right back into it! We were able to visit a few of the people we are teaching on Friday and then next......on Saturday... We went to the temple!! It was so cool! Our area here in Gonzalez Catán is about 30 or 40 minutes from the temple of Buenos Aires, so, when we have 2 investigators at least, and a member to come with us we can take a short trip to the temple! 

So Saturday we all met up in the church and we went on over there, it is such an amazing place, the temple! We were able to give a great lesson about the plan of salvation and share a little bit of time with everyone as we walked around the temple and just enjoyed the peace and the Spirit that you can feel there, even when you are just on the outside. Something that I've learned to appreciate even more now that I'm away from my home in Utah. The opportunity to have a temple so close to your house, or multiple, is a huge blessing!! It's such a sacred place where really we can be close to God and feel His love for us His children!

After we went to the temple Saturday, Sunday we were able to go with a recent convert from our ward who is called Brandon, he is 17 years old and has a testimony so strong about how the church and the Book of Mormon helped him change his life! It was so cool to be able to go visit a few people during the afternoon and night and have him share his testimony with us and with the people here. He's such a great young man and now he's really excited to be preparing for his mission when he turns 18 years old in July! Really it's so great to see people change and have the desire to follow Christ from the testimonies of 3 young people of 17, 19, and 20 years old, it's incredible to see the power of God in the work. 

And that's how the week went! Full of great things and miracles everyday! I hope you all know that I love you all! Take an hour or 2 to go to the temple this week, even if you aren't a member of the church, go outside and really think about what your personal goals are and ask God what His goals are for you! 

From El Gran Catán! 

-Elder Slack!

No comments:

Post a Comment