Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week 20: The power of prayer!

HellllllooooooO!

Sorry to all of you who were desperately waiting last week for my email, we didn't have much time we had to go to an appointment and we did a lot of things that day, but, in  case you were wondering, I am still living!

This last week has been incredible! I'm learning so much here with Elder Ribeiro (my Companion) we don't always agree 100% on everything, but we work together really well and we are working towards the same purpose! He has been teaching me so many different things about the mission, even though I am training him, I have learned way more from him than I think I have taught him. It is such a blessing to be able to work with such a dedicated servant and amazing missionary!

This past week, we've been working with Camila a little bit, she's been progressing to the point where she reads in the Book of Mormon, but still she hasn't been to church in the last 5 weeks, so we're really hoping that we can help her out a lot so she come this next week. 

We had our zone conference during this past week, we reviewed all of the things that we learned in the world missionary training broadcast and as well we were able to learn a lot about teaching repentance and baptizing converts. There were a lot of things that I could see that I needed to work on still, and as well as I've tried to apply the things I've learned during this past week I've been able to see my progress and the changes and how much the spirit is helping me to learn and grow.

Elder Ribeiro and I, we've been working really hard in our area, really searching and looking for the people who are prepared to hear the gospel. during this past week at the end of one of the days where almost all of our appointments fell through and we were a little bit discouraged. We sat down to plan, and we began to think about something new that we could to do to be able to find more people, and to be able to teach and find more with the spirit. Elder Ribeiro had the great idea that every time that we have a lesson, or every time we go to search for someone, we can say a prayer before we begin and ask specifically for help so that we can find the person we are looking for, and that they can be ready to hear the message that we have prepared for them. We tried it out the next day, and as we searched and prayer, we were able to find 5 new investigators which is more than we had found during the other week before. It was a really great experience.

I learned that we need to plan well, pray and ask specifically, then go and have faith that we will find the people that need us. It has been a great experience being able to work here with Elder Ribeiro and being able to try new ideas and learn lots of different things. It's great being able to learn with 2 fairly new missionaries, we have so much to learn from one another.

The week was really great, I gotta go now, but until next week, If God wants (as a lot of people say here).

Chau! -Elder Slack

(Photos from an awesome sister in the ward Elder Slack is serving in. His camera got lost stolen back in December. I don't know who all the Elders are in the pictures, but it's sure good to see my son!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment